- Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL), the autumn classic returns to Spain, the perfect coffee and cinnamon blend that incorporates a delicate pumpkin flavor with a touch of nutmeg, topped with cream and pumpkin pie topping.
- The Starbucks Pumpkin Spice is a true phenomenon that has sold hundreds of millions of units worldwide since it was launched in 2003. It reached Spain in 2014 and since then has gained more and more devotees.
When tree leaves begin to change and are at one's doorstep, Spanish Starbucks fans can finally enjoy the top drink of the season, Pumpkin Spice Latte, available only from September 7 to November 2. Pumpkin Spice Latte is a perfect blend of coffee and cinnamon, with gentle shades that incorporate a delicate pumpkin flavor with a nutmeg and clove touch, topped with cream and pumpkin pie topping. It is an autumn drink, which in addition to subduing you due to its ingredients, with a perfect flavor to confront this season as you return to the daily routine. The drink can be served hot or in the frappuccino version. It's up to you!
Created in 2003 in Seattle, it reached Spain for the first time in 2014 and is back again this year for the month of September for a limited period. Pumpkin Spice Latte, also known as "PSL," is among one the most popular drinks in all our Starbucks stores worldwide. Since its launch, hundreds of millions of Pumpkin Spice Latte have been sold, an autumn classic, whose arrival symbolically marks the change of season.
How did the PSL phenomenon arise?
Fourteen years ago, Starbucks' research and development team were at the Seattle-based "Liquid Lab" headquarters looking for inspiration for new fall season creations. After tasting a good piece of pumpkin pie and sipping a freshly brewed espresso, the magic was upon them. At that moment, they realized that the pumpkin pie flavors punctuated the nuances of coffee and that both recipes were complemented initially and exquisitely.
The team then started to develop the prototype, which has become the most famous pumpkin drink in the world. After three months of intense research, testing and again trying different ingredients and elaborations, they finally came upon the Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe: a unique preparation based on the best arabica coffee with spicy notes of pumpkin, cinnamon, clove, ginger and nutmeg, which enhance the espresso, allowing the coffee to stand out.
The popularity of this drink soon reached unsuspected limits and its fans elevated this band creation to the category of "supreme". To taste the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks is certainly an ideal way to initiate the fall season, which will also be featured at Starbucks with other delicious limited-edition proposals such as Caramelized Pecan Latte, pecan flavored espresso latte, cream and burnt caramel topping, or the Frappula Frappuccino®, an "exquisite" combination of intense chocolate and strawberry, with milk and crushed ice, topped with a smooth layer of whipped cream and strawberry, only available during Halloween week. Don't delay and come and try them out!
Did you know?
- One of the first ideas that were shuffled as a name for the PSL was "Fall Harvest Latte."
- "PSL" was the original code written by the baristas in the glasses, which soon became the drink's nickname.
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte is available today in around 50 countries worldwide.
- During the fall, customers express their enthusiasm for #PSL with over 3,000 tweets per day.
Starbucks Coffee Company has been committed to working with ethical raw material suppliers and the production of the best Arabica coffee in the world since its foundation in 1971. Nowadays, with stores all over the planet, the company is the leading coffee roaster and distributor in the world. Thanks to its commitment to excellence, Starbucks Coffee Company offers a gratifying experience which enriches people's lives from cup to cup. To become a part of this experience, visit www.starbucks.com